A mother Antoinette Franklin Newsome, 33, has been arrested for the murder of her newborn baby. This is not the typical story we see involving a desperate mother or a dumpster, though. The baby died because of respiratory impairment due to the mother’s drug use while pregnant. He also had drugs in his system when he died just a few hours after birth.
Safe Haven laws would have been a big help in this particular situation, but if anyone was unaware, there are also a lot of free services that can help you if you have a drug problem. Especially if you are a pregnant woman, please seek help. Not only are you jeopardizing your health and the health of your child, you could end up like Newsome and possibly go to prison for life. Think about it.
Article found here.
Please help us spread the word! Things you can do to help:
- Tell your friends and neighbors about Safe Haven Laws.
- Share this article on Facebook.
- Share this article on Twitter.
- email your friends and include the link to this page.
- Share everywhere else you can. There is a sharing link at the bottom of this page.
- Make a donation to help us spread the word.