There is a major problem happening with our child protection system in this country. Well, it is possibly that this problem has always existed. Read this article for specifics, but many children are killed each year that had prior incidents of child abuse that DSS was alerted to. I can certainly understand that some slip through the cracks and we want to be certain before taking custody from a parent. Yet, that is a far cry from one little boy who had eight prior visits from child protection workers responding to reports of child abuse. The ninth incident killed him. There should have never been a ninth incident. The state should have saved this little boy.
The really sad thing is that the only people who pay for these mistakes are the children. No one was punished for not following up with this little boy. Help put a stop to child abuse. If you see something, say something.
Click here for article.
Please help us spread the word! Things you can do to help:
- Tell your friends and neighbors about Safe Haven Laws.
- Share this article on Facebook.
- Share this article on Twitter.
- email your friends and include the link to this page.
- Share everywhere else you can. There is a sharing link at the bottom of this page.
- Make a donation to help us spread the word.