Anitra Hicks, 18, has been charged with the murder of her infant son.
She is currently under house arrest while she awaits trial. She is allowed to attend school and see her lawyer. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Personally, I am a big fan of house arrest for people who are not flight risks. It saves the state money and helps to not stigmatize the offender before he or she is proven guilty.
Anyway, it appears that Hicks gave birth in her bathroom and then threw the baby into the trash. A trash collector was the one who found the boy and reported it to the police. What is very strange to me is that she is described as a “slight” girl, but even her pastor said she never appeared to be pregnant. I do not understand how this could be. It is so sad that she did not think she could talk to anyone about it, did not think she had any other options, and was so close to graduating high school.
Another example, folks! Teach your children about Safe Haven!
Much more information on this case here.
Please help us spread the word! Things you can do to help:
- Tell your friends and neighbors about Safe Haven Laws.
- Share this article on Facebook.
- Share this article on Twitter.
- email your friends and include the link to this page.
- Share everywhere else you can. There is a sharing link at the bottom of this page.
- Make a donation to help us spread the word.