We have done a few articles on shaken baby syndrome here. I happened across his article which explains what exactly occurs when you shake a baby and why it can cause so many problems, up to and including death.
The point that I like from the article is that every parent needs to have a plan in place for what to do when their baby starts crying. Think about what you would do if you have had just the worst and most stressful day of your life and you come home and your baby will not stop crying. A parent always needs to be sure that they can cope and safely take care of their children. If you cannot, seek help immediately. There are many crisis lines out there if you do not have friends or family members that are willing to help. Shaking a baby even for one second can cause permanent damage.
Read article here.
Please help us spread the word! Things you can do to help:
- Tell your friends and neighbors about Safe Haven Laws.
- Share this article on Facebook.
- Share this article on Twitter.
- email your friends and include the link to this page.
- Share everywhere else you can. There is a sharing link at the bottom of this page.
- Make a donation to help us spread the word.